Survey Says… Wanna Sell Other Garage Stuff?
© 2003 Door & Access Systems
Publish Date: Spring 2003
Author: Tom Wadsworth
Wanna Sell Other Garage Stuff?
Are door dealers interested in selling other garage products?
To discover the answer to that question, we surveyed 99 garage door dealers in February, asking the three questions below. These dealers were located in all 50 U.S. states and throughout Canada. Of the 99, 43 (43%) completed the survey.
The results ...
1. Are you presently selling other garage products (besides garage doors and garage door openers) to residential customers?
2. How would you describe your interest in selling products that are designed for the garage, such as garage organizers? (Check only one.)
23% Very interested
44% Somewhat interested
33% Not interested
3. For you, what is the MOST SIGNIFICANT appeal of selling other garage products (besides garage doors and garage door openers)? (Check only ONE.)
40% It provides an opportunity for more sales from each customer.
29% It helps me diversify my product offering so I'm not so dependent on one or two products.
14% It helps to balance my annual sales so my income is not so seasonal.
12% I see no appeal.
5% Other (please specify):
1. We sell Durasol Awnings (helps summer months)
2. Simplicity of selling & installing.